Happy Monday Families,
We are working hard in class and have so much going on. We have started a new book in Language Arts, Sarah Plain and Tall. This is one of our stories that is “Inspired by the Sea” and is a favorite of the kids every year. We are working on using text evidence to answer questions, telling stories from first person point of view, and identifying character traits. We will work on publishing our narrative writing this week as well. In math we are adding and subtracting within units of measure. Social studies will be focused on the history of Pickerington.
Some classroom reminders:
- We have Stanford testing every day this week. Please try to make sure that your child is in school and on time so that they are able to take the test with the class.
- Tomorrow (Tuesday) is a 2 hour delay day for teacher professional development.
- Thursday is the first day for Conferences. We are doing Student Led conferences this year so please make sure your child is in attendance.
- There is no spelling this week due to Stanford Testing.
- Please make sure that Reading Logs are coming in on Mondays. We have had several students that have had them missing recently.
- STMath fluency should be done each night.
- Yankee Candle Pick up is today from 3:00-7:00
- The Heritage Harvest Festival is being held on October 31st from 3:00 – 6:00 PM. There will be live music, food trucks, and games planned for the day. There will also be a costume parade and costume contest. They are still in need of volunteers, if you can help please click the link below.
Have a great week!